Thursday, December 24, 2009

A white Christmas.







Breath and Blanket - a winter haiku
The breath and blanket
of winter comes in curling
swirls of white crystal.


Mother nature's winter clothes.
Mother nature quietly dons Herself with
earrings of sparkling ice,
a scarf of dancing snow,
a cap of sighing clouds,
and an elegant gown of 
white Christmas dreams.

Untitled - (still working on)
A fire crackles behind me.
The dogs are curled up, snoozing
and snoring and chasing dreams.
Hot chocolate sits idly by
with its curling, warm steam.

I see outside the living room window,
the snow is a blowing, beautiful blizzard.
Being inside all day
with such a beautiful outside scene
just awaiting play
is challenging. (I don't really like the ending of this one; and don't really know how to end it, haha...)


It's snowing, it's snowing! It's such a beautiful snow too. And of course, nature yet again is really the only thing that inspires me to write poetry. :)
Well all of this is technically a "blizzard" I assume, but, snow is snow to me. I feel bad for people that have to travel, or had plans cancelled because of the snow, but sometimes nature's beauty like this just needs to be taken into consideration - how often does snow like this happen? Just sit back with who you're with, your family, whatever, and enjoy it! It only happens every so often and it's good to embrace moments like this to relax with some warm drink and peace and quiet. :)

It makes Christmastime so much more magical and lovely! 
Merry Christmas everyone!





2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Awesome!! X3 Love the cute little poems!! ^^ Did you write them in your poetry book? :D You should toatlly share them at the next poetry reading. ^^ love the pics too! =D Your so cute!! ^^

Meghan said...

Yes! I need to write them soon actually. :) I haven't thought 'bout that, haha, thanks for reminding me!

And I will most definitely read them at our next poetry reading. :)
And thanks! <3 The pictures were actually fun to take, being out in the middle of the crazy blizzardness :D