Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I will be all I can be.

I must...

pray fervently.
live and breathe in love.
give God glory and thanks.
smile more.
speak up more.
encourage.
give out more hugs.
lift up others.
think optimistically.
set myself aside.


I cannot...

feel low about myself.
feed off jealousy.
host bitterness.
worry.
hide my feelings.
discourage.
glare or scowl
judge.
feel enraged.
set myself first.


I've been distracted from my personal goals lately. I must be a better me, the best me God has intended for me to be; I've been selfish, lowly, worldly and pessimistic. I've hung onto bitterness and jealousy too long. I've worried pointlessly, and haven't had faith in God enough, or others enough. I have to keep the light and love in my eyes, and keep going out and shining that light and love. I cannot give up this goal, this task, God has for me. I want to be a better daughter in Christ, daughter to my parents, sister to my brother... I want to be a better friend, a better girlfriend, a better employee, a better student, a better citizen. I'm ready to spread more love and encouragement, and dive into a recommitment with Christ. I'm ready to inspire and lift up others around me.

I can only do it through Christ, and here it starts again and continues on even stronger than ever.

I'm ready.








No comments: